FUELING WITH LNG - WHAT IS IT?
- LNG stands for Liquefied Natural Gas - natural gas that is cooled to around minus 160 ° C and thus liquefied.
- The big advantage: Liquefied natural gas requires 600 times less space than gaseous natural gas and is therefore ideal for use as a fuel. Liquefied natural gas can be carried in insulated tanks and is ideal as a fuel for heavy goods vehicles.
- LNG vehicles are just as powerful as diesel-powered vehicles, but they cause lower costs and fewer emissions.
GOOD FOR YOU: THE COST BENEFITS.
Freight forwarders benefit from attractive government subsidy programs:
- Toll exemption for LNG vehicles until at least 2023
- Tax reduction for LNG as a fuel until at least 2026
- And: LNG vehicles are not affected by diesel driving bans.
GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT: LESS EMISSIONS.
LNG engines bump in the combustion compared to diesel
- 25% less CO2 *
- 80% less nitrogen oxides (NOx) * and 90% less particulate matter. *
- In addition, the engines run around 50% quieter than diesel engines. *
* Source: German Association of
Gas and Water Department (DVGW)
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Feel free to contact us using our contact form.
We'll get back to you.